The Medical Dental Building Health Fair is this Wednesday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM. I will be offering free acupuncture for stress treatments. Stop by my table to enter your name in my drawing to win a FREE Himalayan Salt Stone Therapy session. There will be many Health & Wellness Exhibitors along with door prizes, and delicious food.
This is by far one of my favorite foods. Its quick and easy and the lime juice dressing helps to stave off sugar cravings. You will want to use this dressing on everything!
Its best to make the dressing fresh, in order to maximize the vitamin C concentration. But, feel free to store any left over and pour over your curries, eggs, and even sweet potatoes. Although lemons and limes are acidic by nature, they help alkalize your blood and enhance metabolism. Vitamin C also increases your absorption of iron from greens.
A fresh, satisfying Thai-inspired dish. Perfect for Paleo dining, and is also dairy free, grain free, gluten free.
3 Carrots, finely Shredded
1 Large Green Papaya, Shredded. Use Zucchini As Alternate
15 Cilantro Leaves
15 Mint Leaves
1 Handful Roasted Peanuts, Lightly Crumbled
2 Inches Thinly Shaved Scallion, Green Part Only
8-10 Green Beans or Pea Pods
CRAZY DELICIOUS DRESSING
8 Limes Juiced
4 T Maple Syrup
4 T Fish Sauce
1 Fresh Thai Chili, preferably the red kind, crushed or sliced
Olive Oil, 2 Drizzles (Optional)
Large Shrimp, Boiled
Chicken Breast, Boiled or Steamed, Then Shredded
Salmon, Grilled or Seared
Grass Fed Steak (will work fine but this dish lends itself to a lighter protein)
To make the dressing pour all dressing ingredients into a jar with lid and shake. Adjust to taste. I prefer a lot of lime juice, so I could easily use 10 limes. Let this rest while you prepare the salad and protein. This will allow flavors to ripen and extract the heat from the chili.
Shred the papaya and the carrots using a Thai Shredder. I purchased mine from Amazon. This tool produces a nice thin elongated shred, that is satisfying to twirl around a fork or grasp with chopsticks. I also have a zoodler/spiralizer but the papaya turns out too thick and heavy for this delicate dish. Toss in most of the cilantro and mint and reserve a few leaves for your garnish.
Pour the dressing in a large bowl and toss with the papaya, carrots, cilantro and mint. Set aside while you prepare the protein (if using).
Dry Roast the peanuts in a cast iron or stainless steel skillet. Heat the skillet and throw in the nuts and keep shaking the skillet across the flame or burner until slightly golden. Set aside. Lightly crush when cooled. I have 2 granite mortar and pestles from Thai Import Foods that I love.
Cook your protein and chill for 5-10 minutes. Boiled shrimp is my favorite. I recently found some Argentine Wild Raw Shrimp From Trader Joes that had the perfect texture and lightness. If you do the salmon, its really good if you lightly char one side. I recommend rinsing seafood and any meats in cool water and pat dry before cooking to bring out the freshest taste.
In a large bowl or a plate with a raised edge, arrange the salad and top with your protein and crushed peanuts. Garnish with remaining mint and cilantro and enjoy.
Fire Cupping is the perfect treatment to transition between the seasons.
Specialized glass cups are placed on acupuncture points along the back corresponding to the organ systems.
This invigorating treatment feels amazing and is very relaxing and soothing
What Does Fire Cupping Do?
• Loosens up your tight, sore muscles and fascia surrounding the muscle fibers.
• Increases the range of motion and flexibility.
• Promotes the circulation of blood and interstitial fluids in your muscle and skin tissues, which is essential in maintaining your health and well being.
• Assists the liver in removing toxins from your body.
Treat Yourself Or Give A Gift!
The Merulli Scalp Massage features medicinal grade, organic, essential oils to refresh and revitalize your scalp while soothing your nervous system.
Did you know that Fire Cupping is a perfect wellness treatment to transition between the seasons?
Specialized glass cups are placed along acupuncture points on the back for the ultimate seasonal tune-up. The cups are then gently moved to invigorate and soothe your muscle tissues. This rejuvenating treatment feels amazing and is very relaxing.
What Does Fire Cupping Do?
Loosens up your tight, sore muscles and fascia surrounding the muscle fibers
Increases the range of motion and flexibility
Promotes the circulation of blood and interstitial fluids of your muscles and skin, an
essential element for your health and well being
Assists the liver in removing toxins from your body
For a limited time, receive a free add-on upgrade with any treatment at Merulli Acupuncture. (Value $10-$15). Choose from Collagen Eye Treatment, Moisturizing Hand Treatment, or Signature Scalp Massage.
Celebrate Spring, Mother’s Day and the Season of Renewal.
Packages are non-transferable, never expire and must be used by one person. Limit one offer per person. May be given as gifts.
Desiree Merulli, L.Ac., EAMP, LMP,RYT, holds certification by the NCCAOM, and is licensed by the certification in Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture, Reiki, and is a Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher. Desiree has studied 3 styles of facial rejuvenation acupuncture and created her own protocols customized to each patient.
Conveniently located in the Medical Dental Building 509 Olive Way # 1658, Seattle, WA 98101
Acupuncture is very helpful in preventing colds and flu and accelerating healing. Getting treatment is most effective right when you feel it coming on or when you are near the end. It will also help during the middle of the cold/flu but its much more powerful at the beginning or the end. Getting a treatment right when you notice the achy shoulders, fatigue, hint of a sore throat or nasal stuffiness will help you kick it before it gets you.
The CDC describes the flu season as the fall and winter months with a peak in February. However the flu and cold germs are present everywhere year round and getting acupuncture regularly will boost your immunity.
1. Enjoy some healing broth with fresh grated ginger and sliced scallions. Bone
broth is an ancient East Asian Medicine recipe for healing everything from colds and flu to injuries and post surgical recovery. Ginger and scallions will help disperse phlegm and warm your system. If you don’t have the energy to make the broth from scratch, some of the boxed broths aren’t too bad. I have used the Whole foods organic low sodium broth. It may not have all the nutrients as cooking the broth down yourself, but when you are sick, it will soothe and nourish you. Regular consumption of bone broth will enhance your metabolism and overall health.
2. Stay away from cough drops-even the “natural” ones as the sugar inflames the throat and keeps you coughing (and buying them). If you need something to soothe your throat, take a teaspoon of raw honey, a dash of lemon and a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger as a tea in warm water. Raw honey is anti-inflammatory, anti-viral/bacterial and an expectorant. The ginger is warming and dispersing and will help get rid of the phlegm. If you really think you want a cough drop, its better to get a piece of hard candy that you actually enjoy and do just that. Often when we are ill, we feel down and are in need of comfort and cough drops are an easy trap.
3. Fresh pineapple juice contains bromelain, an immune boosting enzyme that helps break down phlegm in the body. This provides relief especially if you have it sticking to the back of your throat. But it must be real and fresh, not canned/frozen etc. Please take the juice at room temperature in small amounts.
4. Avoid sugar-it causes inflammation.
5. Get rest. Now is the time to take care of yourself.
6. Take Vitamin D daily. It will boost your immunity and your mood.
7. Go outside often, even when the weather isn’t great to keep you in tune with the seasons. This goes a long way to building your immunity and health.
8. Frequently wash your hands using regular soap. Anti-bacterial soap reduces your natural immunity. You may also use alcohol based hand sanitizers.
9. Stay home from work when you are sick. This will allow you to get better faster and also avoid spreading the illness to others. Going to work ill reduces the productivity of everyone else and prolongs your time being sick.
10. Seasonal acupuncture tune-ups will keep your immune system running smoothly and prevent illness.
Tired of getting sick during the winter months? To find out how acupuncture can help you, contact me or schedule online.